More Short Stories by: Dr. Dennis L. Siluk, Ed.D. (2007-2016)

From one of the top 100-reviewers, at Amazon Books, International (the largest book seller in the world), by Robert C. Ross, the list author says (reference to the book, “Peruvian Poems”): "Dennis L. Siluk is enormously prolific and very well travelled…." The poems are based on places and experiences in Peru, written in both English and Spanish, and provide a fascinating backdrop in preparation for a trip to Peru." (1-1-2009)

Sunday, May 08, 2016

Lost Time and Worlds

Lost Time and Worlds
(The Atopodentatus unicus/242-Million B.C.)




As I gazed into the new found fossil I lost my present self.
I was swept away, brought deep into an early epoch of earth, a time when the continents were just about to form, emerging from a watery-world.
Everything was lush and cloudy, a phantasmagoria world, but in a long stream of consciousness.
I was being pulled back deep, and deeper, into a world of troublous unfamiliarity.
Terrestrial man had not yet arrived on the planet.
I had traveled fathomless eons backwards in time, it was like an awakened atom emerging out of a flung pocket of a gravitational wave (GW) passing by earth, into a 4th dimension of lost time—
Flung into a world that was kept inside that pocket of that GW, for 242-million years, as if it had orbited at the speed of light, from a catastrophic event on earth to the end of the universe.
And perhaps ricochet back, and for some strange reason, by some electrical magnetic force on earth, my brain waves, connected like white on rice, with the GW.
God has simply not shown us all the umbrageous, giving powers that man and the universe—combined, hold in common.
And the darkness and repose of that long dark night kept a massive secret, in the GW’s pocket, I felt…
Then light, illumination, without hesitation, clear and complete, came about.
The blaze of the day’s brightness, so great was it, that it pierced the blossoms in the deep garden in the sea, or ocean, or wherever I was brought to—
Seemingly a sea without boundaries:
With jewel-colored fish that swam about me without fear.
Above me I heard the swishing movement of a long precarious looking reptilian fish like creature, a closer look, I knew it was the ancient and long lost, and fossilized Atopodentatus.
Long extinct from earth.
Its Latin name being for the most part ‘…strangely toothed’ creature.
It at first looked like a hammerhead whale, or shark.
Bizarre to say the least.
Its jaw was filled with peg-like upper front teeth, as to scrape algae off rocks, or grab and swallow plants.
Then quicker than a clap of an eye, a massive eruption took place.
I knew what it was.
The legendary, and largest of the world’s mass distractions that caused mass extinctions of 90% of all marine life, on earth, 242-million years ago.
At which time my spell was broken, as I looked at the fossil, and then turned my view to the ‘Play-Doh’ image of the creature, at the Chicago Museum.


No: 5234/Poetic Prose (5-8-2016)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home